Guys, quick, is this a load bearing wall?

To me it looks like it can't be a load bearing wall with an alcove directly above it. I want to put in a pocket door that will slide almost all the way to the black vent pipe. The header is what I'm trying to find out about.
http://usera.imagecave.com/ronnald/wall.jpg
Thanks!
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 22, 12:07 pm, smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Are you only taking out the middle 2x4, because I see 4x4s surrounding everything for support
Add pictures here
✖

I'm going to have to take out the end 4x4. A pocket door will be sliding in there.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 22, 12:50 pm, smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Above the 4x4 over the hall looks like a 6" beam, whats going to keep it up
Add pictures here
✖

I would put in a king and jack studs next to the vent pipe, same on the other side. Add a header across. I'll have a 30" opening now, I wanted 32".
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 22, 10:50 am, smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

OP-
That wall (esp the end 4x4) supports the top plate of the wall, which supports the that 6x spanning the hall.
The end of the 6x catches the corner features above it.
Builders tend not to put in unneeded timber. That 4x & 6x are there for a reason, if you remove the 4x you've got to add something to do what it was doing.
OR
perhaps the 4x is not necessary but (I doubt it)
My suggestion is use regular doors to close the hall OR hide the pocket doors in the bedroom(?) that is behind the demo'd wall. You'll loose about 5" out of it but your life will be a whole lot easier.
removing that 4x is a risky choice.
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖

Agree. It's bathtub on the otherside. I'm installing a swing door. I'll post a pic when finished.
Thanks for the help though!
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 22, 12:07 pm, smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

This looks like a load bearing wall to me. When in doubt, assume that it is.
Add pictures here
✖
pkt door to the vent pipe? That won't get across the opening, will it??? Agree with others. Load bearing.

Add pictures here
✖
I'm assuming it's a load bearing wall. In which I'll have to use a 30" pocket door now, wanted 32 though..
What size header do I use?
Here is my new sketch
http://usera.imagecave.com/ronnald/wall1.jpg
If this turns out impossible, I'll put in a swing door, although I'd rather go with pocket.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 22, 11:07 am, smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Green = header, yellow is jack stud and red is king studs.
Add pictures here
✖

Yup, done it before. This time it's too questionable, so I'm going with a swing door. I agree, that it's too much at stake just for a pocket door.
Sorry I couldn't get back earlier. I've reconsidered and will be installing a 32" prehung door.
I appreciate everyones help with this. Even after much observation in the attic, it's was questionable if it was a non-load bearing, which in case I'll assume load bearing to be safe.
Thanks guys!
Add pictures here
✖
smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

What's on the other side of the wall you tore open? You could leave the current framing alone and steal some space from that room for the pocket door.
Add pictures here
✖

This also guarantees that the pocket door frame won't bow inwards.
[He says after installing a pocket door (3.5" framing) that has about a 1/4" inward bow on one side, that I'm trying to figure out how to correct. Perhaps I should have aimed for 5.5" framing...]
--
Chris Lewis,

✖

Without more information, judging by the one photo provided I would say that it is a load bearing wall.
Add pictures here
✖