Grout Urine Stained - Help Please

Hi, About 6 months ago we had new bathroom tiles installed. What was once nice white grout near the bowl is now stained almost black because of our young son's poor aim. The smell approaces unbearable.
Could someone offer advice short of regrouting (and target practice)?
Thanks, Bennett

and some of the smell. Did they tile under the toilet, or just up to it? Under is the proper way, but low bidders sometimes trap the toilet in the tile. If the smell is real bad, I suspect some has gotten under the toilet and is rotting wood or whatever. The toilet always moves a little, and that seal is never perfect. And even if they tiled under the toilet, another possible smell source would be if they didn't get a good seal at the ring (common if floor height changes and they rely on the wax to make up the difference), and stuff is building up under the toilet, or sewer gas is coming up the other direction, since that is a closer exit than the stack vent on the roof. Try the bleach and maybe some of that pet odor killer stuff first, since that is cheap. If the odor seems unkillable, pulling up toilet is next step. Don't forget to check and dose stuff near the toilet, too. If you have a nearby vanity, that chipboard stuff loves to soak up liquids, and if pee ran UNDER the vanity, well....
My mother always said little boys should be kept outside till they are housebroken... :^)
aem sends....
Black , it sounds like mold, try bleach. or a mild acid like lime way. Dont try them together, fumes may result
Bennett wrote:

Throw some Cherrios in the toilet. They make good targets for a little guy. Worked for my boys. They try to sink the little boats.
Get them a funnel to use.

Teach your son to clean up the misses. Inspect the bathroom after every visit and insist on a thorough job. This should provide some incentive.

I have tile floors and an ancient dog. She tries but at 13 years old sometimes she does not make the doggie door. I bought and inexpensive steamer at Target. $45 bucks or so. Takes every thing off the tile, the grout and no chemicals. Takes a bit of time, puts a bit of humidity in the house. No biggie this time of year, works great on shower doors, and sinks.

The Europeans (can't remember which one) had some images of flies glazed into the urinals, as it improved accuracy.
No kidding, continuous process improvement.

I've seen this in the bathrooms at Schiphol, the Amsterdam airport.

Sounds like it. Unusual, but good idea.
Personally, I'd like to get one of the old style urinals, that recess into the floor, I've not seen any of those in a while.

This reminds me of a game of sorts that is/was at places like Spencer's in the mall. It was called Potty Potshots and came with a whole stack of paper cutouts of battleships and such that you'd float in the toilet and then try to sink. I think you even got points for the different cuisers and battleships and such. The most amusing thing was they even gave you a wrap-on sight for your "gun."
AJS
But someone always messes up the improvement process. ;-)
Many decades ago I had an EE Professor who liked to put a metal fly in a urinal connected with a very small wire to a charged polystyrene capacitor which then connected through the plumbing to the damp floor. He proudly proclaimed that he's has proven that no one could resist hitting the fly. Many days I can recall sitting in his lecture hall and hearing a shriek come from down the hall. He'd pause, put another tick mark on the board and continue the lecture.
Back then it was regarded as a "trick." Today he'd probably be on CNN and then in jail. Times change.
RB