Grout curing

I'd like to apply a grout sealer to some shower tile grout in a new construction home. It says to wait until the grout is fully cured before applying. How long does that normally take?

before applying the sealer. I did. That was last week and everything seems to be okay, so far.
____________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Less than 48 hours !!!
jeffc wrote:

what does it say on the bag/box of grout?

You mean the one the builder of the house threw away before I moved in? I know that paint has a drying time and also a curing time. I thought it might be similar for grout, with a curing time being something like 3 weeks. But I guess not.....

they have bags at home dept. for that matter, they have the instructions online
http://www.google.com/search?q=curing+time+grout&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
the first link is http://www.thetiledoctor.com/installations/st_grouting.cfm
which contains the quote " The commonly recommended curing time for Portland cement grouts is 72 hours. "
google is your friend
jeffc wrote:

A day or two, then seal it.