Grinder pump installation cost?

My house has a large detached garage with a stubbed out sewer line. I am looking to install a grinder pump to connect up to the sewer, as the garage is too low to run a gravity line to the street. I've gotten one bid so far, which was about 6000$ to hook up the grinder and run about 80 feet of pipe out to the sewer line. Does this seem reasonable? One item that I thought was strange is that the contractor said the pump would cost 3-4K, yet I see grinder pumps online for a bit over $1000. Of course I'm going to try to get another bid, but I'm wondering if there is something that I'm missing which would account for the price discrepancy from what I see online with what the contractor said. I'm living in the Seattle area.

Reply to
Tenchi