Grille/grid available for storm door ?

I am considering putting a storm door that has full length glass or screen on my house . My problem is my new dog( Lab/ Dane )who is as big as a cow and almost as smart. I'm sure he'll find the occasion to crash through the screen at some point. I've looked at Pella doors at Lowes and Anderson doors at Home Depot but neither seems to have an available optional grid. Can someone suggest where I might find such a thing or suggest another method of accomplishing what I need to do, short of getting rid of my buddy? Tia clint

Reply to
PAROADHOG

Any window shop that does custom metal frames can make you up a grille that could be screwed to the vertical stiles of door with a few self tapping screws. But at that point you may as well buy an old-style 2-panel screen door, since the grille would be visible through the screen. Or you could just replace the regular latch with a panic bar, and attach a nose-height push plate to it so he can let himself out. :^)

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers

hop back in the car, go back to HD and ask about guards for the door. Some aftermarket door hardware maufacturers make them. Check over in door hardware. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Ditto that suggestion. Our new lab/shepherd pup would have torn his way into the house long ago. Home Depot sells screw-on door grills that should do the job, even if they won't get you into House Beautiful. They're just half-height expanded metal attachments, not full-height decorative pieces. In my case, it's the back door, so appearance wasn't paramount.

Joe F.

Reply to
rb608