Green Drywall V/S White

What is the difference between the green colored drywall, V/S the common white stuff? I stopped at a McDonalds and they are remodeling. I noticed they are using the green drywall throughout the whole building. I have seen that used in homes around tubs and showers, so I assume it is more waterproof. However, since they are using it throughout, is it more fireproof, or what? They are just using 1/2".

Besides application differences, what is the actual difference in the material the stuff is made from? Is the core still gypsum? Is the "paper coating" different (besides color)?

Thanks

Reply to
Me

It's just regular drywall with a water resistant paper. No other special characteristics.

Reply to
Andy Hill

Me wrote on 18 Feb 2005:

My guess is that they are using it because the paper is slightly more resistant to mold than the paper in regular drywall.

Reply to
Doug Boulter