Great product for getting perfect caulk joints

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmSQfQBYBs&feature=related

Seems real easy to use this caulking tape. Anyone have experience with it? Where can I buy it?
Neat stuff, thanks.
http://www.cornertape.net/main/en/distribution
Rebel1 wrote the following:

You don't know how to Google cornertape? Oh, first time poster to this group. Never mind.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Friday, June 3, 2011 8:37:52 PM UTC-7, willshak wrote:

On Friday, June 3, 2011 8:37:52 PM UTC-7, willshak wrote:

Do you often write and punctuate statements in the form of a question?

Wrong again, and not very helpful either.
On 6/3/2011 11:40 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:

That tape looks like a waste of time and money.
These work great.
http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/041072/041072058605lg.jpg
There are a variety of types at HD and Lowes. It's just a rubber square on a stick. First time I used it the line came out clean and pro looking. You can get away with using much less caulk too because a very small line gets worked into the corner where it belongs
Hope that helps
Jim
JimT wrote:

Jim,
Thanks for the lead. This a smoothing tool used after applying the caulk. I still see a problem that if you apply a little too much caulk, the smoothing tool will "snowplow" the excess away from the corner (just like when I use a wet finger to do the same job) onto the wall or tub and I'd be left with the chore of scraping/removing it manually. Am I missing something?
The corner tape doesn't have this problem. Any excess on it is just lifted off with the tape.
Rebel1

You're right but use less caulk. I try to cut the caulk tube hole as small as possible. I looked at the other device you found and that is real similar. It may cut down on the snowblowing because it gives the caulk somewhere to go.
They are cheap tools to try. If you don't like them try your tape but that looks like another step to me. It might be good in situations where a very very clean line is needed but the rubber square works just as well IMO. YMMV.
JimT wrote:

Here's another neat approach. Push the gadget and the excess just rides over the top. http://www.homaxproducts.com/products/kitchenbath/18/instructions.html
Lowes sells ofthe homax products, but their webpage doesn't show this one. HD doesn't show any homax caulking products, but pushing this device with a steady hand might work. http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202061339/h_d2/ProductDisplay?storeId051&keywordulk+finishing+tool&jspStoreDir=hdus&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&navFlow=3&catalogId053&langId=-1&ddkey=Search
R1

acceptable job.
I still get a crack of the TV commercial (for energy savings) where someone can take a caulk gun and run a bead from one end to the other without stopping. It is just not as easy as it looks.
Rebel1 wrote:

Seems like a creative and interesting product. I have used the same concept by just putting down two strips of regular tape. Of course, the product shown has a built-in way of making sure the spacing between the two strips of tape (where the caulk goes) is uniform.