Grease around Stove (Impossible to Remove)

Yep.

Lye.

Reply to
Meat Plow

What is on the walls .. paint, tile, paper? If the surface is very smoothe, a razor-blade scraper can get the heavy stuff. Mineral spirits can cut grease. Fantastic and a green scrubber for the rest. If either of these take the paint with the grease, the grease has dried and been on the wall too long. Might want to think about tile or Formica just to keep it easier to clean.

Reply to
Norminn

I've removed polymerized vegetable oil with ethyl alcohol, which is to say roughly, "Yup".

Reply to
Matt

i have easy-off oven cleaner to try still. probably this coming week i'll get to it. i'll check the kitchen section at home depot to see what wall coverings i can use. maybe i can just get a couple of pieces of formica and attach them covering everything. and making future cleaning simple. thanks for that idea. ...thehick

Reply to
thehick

Plus you can make mixed drinks with it while you clean :)

Reply to
Meat Plow

No one has suggested a steam cleaner yet. A bit on the expensive side for a solution.....

Reply to
jmagerl

Oven cleaner is a poor choice, even for ovens :o) If you have a hard, flat surface, the razor scraper will get built-up hard grease. Fantastic has always worked very well on kitchen grease for me, but shouldn't be used on glass. If there is no vent hood, installing one would help immensely.

Reply to
Norminn

I've had good luck with Zep Purple from HD, 50/50 with water.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Ok. Easy-Off did the trick. Some parts came off RIGHT AWAY! Some just got better. So a little scraping with a putty knife and some more Easy-Off should do it.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Some stuff is difficult to source here in Canada (like Greased Lightning). ...thehick

Reply to
thehick

Yeah, that stuff is tough. Tough on the skin too. ;)

tom @

Just Joshin