Granite counters can toast your Cheerios

"In Dr. Sugarman's kitchen, the readings were 100 picocuries per liter [25 times recommended levels]."
The world is coming to an end sooner than we think.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/garden/24granite.html?_r=1&no_interstitial&oref=slogin

Nice, I want one, a built in counter food warmer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/garden/24granite.html?_r=1&no_interstitial&oref=slogin
Does that mean you don't need those expensive sterilizing counter cleaners?