Google is not the only one who knows all about you.

there is a common database they can all access. It is how they try to avoid fraud.
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

And now you are part of their database...
--
Tekkie

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 12:36:36 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

Very good ideas.
Does this mean you get out of the hospital once in a while?
Micky wrote:

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 11:24:59 -0500 snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It is how they fix prices.
Three companies quoted $1100-1400 for home owners ins. Found a much smaller company $500 for exact same coverage.
burfordTjustice wrote:

Question is the $500.00 company will come thru promptly when claim arises. There is a company selling/buying/dealing in information/profile about us. They know us better than we know ourselves.
Receiving unwanted birthday greetings like clock work from many outfits. One example is cruise liners.
On 12/22/2015 6:24 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

There's more than one. So far, this industry has very little regulation as to what they can collect, who they can collect it from, what they have to tell you that they've got on you, what they have to remove upon request, and to whom they will provide access, or not.

If you work for a medium-to-large employer, odds are one of their sources is your employer. They provide information to the data collection companies for free in exchange for free access to their databases when conducting their background checks.
Moe DeLoughan wrote:

I retired more than 10 years ago.... I was in the IT business, LOL!