Goodman gas valve not working

Page 2 of 2
replying to Naaman, ducksoup1952 wrote: I enjoyed coming across this thread. I'm fighting a similar prob with a Munchkin 399M-R2. Might be the flame rectification sensor and this is the least expensive guess.
ducksoup1952 posted for all of us...

Datz nize
--
Tekkie

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 19:44:02 +0000, Naaman
gas valve not working:

Sounds like you may have a leak in your flame-tube (fire) box. This is where the gas burns. Outside the flame tubes is where the air flows, picking up the heat and bringing into the house distribution ducts. There are sensors to detect leaks. Leaks would allow gas and combustion products to leak into the ducts, so if a sensor thinks there is a leak, it shuts the gas. If your unit is more than 10 year old, this may be the problem.