Good stuff application

I am starting to wrap my metal building. Sheets come together on the corners, and I will use 6" x 6" x 10' 90 degree 26 ga, paintlock flashings. In some places, it will be advantageous to add a caulk of some form, but for larger spaces than a normal caulk bead.
Can I use a string of Good Stuff, and just let it expand? Will it adhere to just the flat surfaces in the 90? If you use it to fill up the ridges on the corrugated sheets, would one just spray a little in there, let it expand, spray a little more until it filled the area?
What I want is to cut down on air flow/infiltration/outflow so that inside air stays in, and outside stays out, and there aren't a lot of drafts. Other areas around the doors will be handled with bulb gaskets, etc.
Just wondering how that stuff works in other than voids where it expands to fill the void. Does it stick when applied overhead, or on a vertical surface? I may have to make cardboard dams to stop a lot flowing out before it hardens and skins over.
Anyone ever use this stuff in that application, or have an alternative?
Steve

Do us all favor, go ahead and try the GreatStuff in various ways and let us know your experience.
Joe
On 12/27/2011 12:56 PM, Steve B wrote:

Steve, I know several commercial contractors that use one of the expanding foams on hollow metal jamb work to maintain a screw pocket around fasteners to prevent mortar blocking the holes when the jambs are slushed, so, yes, the stuff sticks. It is very awkward to control.
As far as sealing anything about metal building joints, the normal product to use is called "bubble gum". It is strips of butyl rubber like this: http://www.rcsfixings.com/view-product/Butyl-Sealants It is commonly used on roofing laps and gable end trim/gutter installs.
YOur trim supplier should know about and be able to supply.
--

Keep the whole world singing . . .