Good paint

Wow, I used that new Behr paint from Home Depot yesterday, the one with the paint/primer in one.
Holy cow, thats good paint, was covering a dark red wall with beige and was dredding needing 3 coats (which I've needed in the past over this red). The Behr paint did it in one coat, it sure lives up to the commercial.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I used that for the room I just painted. It worked well and I only had to do two coats instead of a coat or primer and two coats of paint.
Add pictures here
βœ–
:> Wow, I used that new Behr paint from Home Depot yesterday, the one :> with the paint/primer in one.:> :> Holy cow, thats good paint, was covering a dark red wall with beige :> and was dredding needing 3 coats (which I've needed in the past over :> this red).  The Behr paint did it in one coat, it sure lives up to the :> commercial. : I used that for the room I just painted. It worked well and I only had : to do two coats instead of a coat or primer and two coats of paint.
I used the Behr exterior stucco paint (primer+paint in one) to paint a gueshouse a year ago, and it's great stuff. Goes on well, covers well, holds up great.
-- Andy Barss
Add pictures here
βœ–

I just bought some Behr paint to touch up some trim. Crap stuff. Dripped like crazy. It's back to Benjamin Moore for me.
Add pictures here
βœ–
keith wrote: ...

I've used a _LOT_ (like 40/80 gal primer/topcoat) of Behr in the barn rehab and no such experience (at least w/ the top-of-the-line model). It was as good a paint in application properties as any of the the majors and overall quite satisfied.
After 5-6 years there's been peeling in some areas that just didn't get the old weathered wood as well prepared as we thought we had it, :( but that's not the paint's fault; it's just physically impossible to get every square foot of a 80-yr old 40x70x16(avg ht) siding that had been 50 yr since last painting pristine-enough despite spending over two months in nothing but the prep work...
The combination paint OP posted about is new since then so it, specifically, I've no experience with.
βœ–

The Behr didn't even cover white on white, so no, they're not the same. I've never had trouble with B.Moore but the local store is closed on Saturdays. :-(

Given my recent experience with Behr, I'm not about to.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:00:12 -0700 (PDT), RickH

I'm glad you posted your experience. It should make painting fascia boards easier...(g)
Add pictures here
βœ–
RickH wrote:

Paint sucks, I avoid it.
--
LSMFT

βœ–

Normally I would be on the side of supporting HD and their products instead of the much more expensive and usually inferior items found in the specialty small businesses but in this case the product simply doesn't perform as advertised.
I noted this super-dooper primer and finish coat all in one from Behr and suggested -- nay, mandated -- that my wife use it to repaint the kitchen. After all if she only has to put on one coat she'll be available to do other little chores that I can find for her around the house. Bad mistake. HD really let me down here and as a result I lost face with the wife. She'll probably assert her own ideas when I have her replace a support beam in the cellar leading to me having to actually get my hands dirty. Yikes!
Let me describe the project: Kitchen is around 20 * 30 with a gloss-white-painted patterned steel (frequently and erroneously called "tin") ceiling which has been covered with tobacco stain and grease from cooking over the 20 years since it was last painted. The walls are in similar shape with the additional problem of numerous dings, nail pops, abandoned light fittings, and holes where the dog has dug through the drywall. Obviously I can't trust a female with electrical work, nor plastering so I had to step in to help here and equally obviously the paint -- if it's worth the super high price -- should be able to primer the new plaster/drywall without a separate coat.
Dream on. Not only did it fail here it also failed to seal the grease and tobacco stains. And it's application is horribly difficult. Understand that the patterned ceiling requires painting with a brush and that everywhere rollers make unacceptable spatter and leave an orange peel effect. I also remember from a previous effort with a similar wonder paint that the manufacturer formulates it to dry quickly so you can get the room back into operation the same day. In that previous job I used Floetrol (sp?) to retard drying and allow the brush and pad marks to dissipate.
Damn, the wife went through a gallon of the super-costly Behr stuff before I remembered the previous debacle. To cut a long story short I had the wife redo the bad-Behr areas and do the rest of the kitchen with a primer coat of BIN (the shellac-based version) followed by two coats of Benjamin Moore's Super-Hide Semi-gloss (this is their contractor line aka the landlord special). Cost is only slightly higher but the finish is something that the wife can now be proud of and I can praise her for without having to suppress my snickering.
OTOH Behr Basement paint and sealer is pretty good but that's another story.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Snip douche drivel - Seriously? This is how you talk about your wife?
Yes, Behr paint sucks. Always did, probably still does (I would never, ever try it again), but your moniker is, at least, apt. PLONK!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:00:12 -0700 (PDT), RickH

Ricky H. Behr, I've told you not to post on the net with your father's computer.
Your mother
Add pictures here
βœ–

I used a gallon of Behr Primer and paint all in one (eggshell) in the bathromm...Good stuff...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Note the OP painted "dark red wall with beige".
I've heard of using gray primer so the red would not bleed through on a white finish.
I'll try this product to see if it gets me less time on a ladder, er my bride less time on the ladder. She wants to paint :-/
Add pictures here
βœ–

Tell us in three years when the paint begins to peel. This product is too new to recommend. It needs a long term test.
Always do two coats of paint. It's to cover up painter mistakes, not paint mistakes. What's the cure time on this all in one stuff. Did it get tacky after 10 seconds like it should?
Add pictures here
βœ–