Gluing cover back on torpedo CFL

I have a torpedo CFL like this one in a yard lamp fixture.
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/6865/FC14-T51.html
Under that plastic cover is a standard twisty CFL like these.
https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/63962/FC14-SSW4PK.html
The plastic cover has come loose from the base. The residual adhesive they used to glue it in place looks like the putty they used to use to secure window panes in place. It's white and slightly rubbery.
I'm thinking it doesn't matter much what I use to glue it back in place. I have epoxy and Gorilla glue. It is outside, but it's in a yard lamp housing and this is a mild climate (Silicon Valley).
Comments?
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 07:37:20 -0800, Jennifer Murphy

Silicon rain can be very hard on torpedoes. It's also imporant to prevent the C from mixing with the F or the L. When all 3 mix, that is how the torpedo detonates.
Anything that makes it stick is okay. I broke one that looked something like a real light bulb, and underneath was a curlycue, like your second picture.
On 12/14/2014 10:37 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

let it dry out over night before gluing in some moisture. Clean off all the old, bad glue.
Epoxy should do the job. I'd be delighted to hear how it works out.
Gorilla or any white glue, epoxy, even silicone rubber should work unless the light is in an extreme,y wer environment. Oops, that describes CA the past few days.
On Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:37:11 AM UTC-7, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

Clear silicone rubber sealant will work fine. It can withstand high temperatures and is resistant to the ultraviolet emitted by the CFL. There's no need for epoxy or urethane (Gorilla) glue.