glazed tile

Hi there -

I am trying to figure out how to remove lots of grout haze and extra grout on glazed porcelain tile. The previous owners of my house did a hack job on the bathroom, and I'm trying to deconstruct their efforts.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rich

You might try a blue 3M plastic scrubbing pad; green ones can scratch glass, so could also scratch glaze. Do not try to use muriatic acid. You might also try vinegar, keeping it out of the grout joints.

When we had tile installed by contractor, he was very careful to clean off haze but gave us instructions to do a final vinegar and water rinse after two or three days.

When we were shopping for our tile, a woman came into the tile store with a problem. She and hubby had used muriatic to get haze off their new tile and had trashed three rooms of newly laid tile. The fumes can also ruin a lot of stuff in the house, including your lungs.

Reply to
Norminn

Ok...definately no muriatic acid...gotcha.

I will have to try the 3M pads and see how that does...cool.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rich