GFCI Outlet Tripping

I have a GFCI outlet that will run fine for days than trip. Attempts to reset fail, but the next day it will reset OK then stay on for about a week. I replaced the first GFCI outlet with a new one with the same results.
The only loads on the circuit when it fails are two Limelight nightlights (not a lot of draw).
Any ideas what might be causing this to happen and/or how to correct?

Moisture in an outdoor receptacle box that's fed through this GFCI. Seal the box to keep moisture out.

Draw is not what the GFCI is for. Ground faults and shorts will trip it. Is any of the lights located in a moist environment? Check the wiring for wires touching, moisture bridging, etc.

I have no clue what a limelight is. Remove the limelight's and see if the problem goes away.

Limelight, like this blueone, lime green color.
http://images.lowes.com/product/070686/070686760345.jpg?wid8&cvt=jpeg
hth,
tom @ www.MedicalJobList.com
Replace the limelite with something else and see if it still trips. If not there is something wrong with the limelite and discard it. For the poster who did not know what a limelite is they are a flat green nightlite with no bulb. Really nice item that can be found in almost any store these days.

For the poster who thinks those nightlites are "limelights"....they're called electroluminescent panels.

Where is this gfci located? And where are the wires routed, ie, basement, outside wall, etc....
later,
tom
Thanks for the responses. The GFCI receptacle is in a bathroom. When it is working, I've run a heater with no problems. The wires are run through the attic. I spoke with my electric company yesterday and was advised it might be a loose ground connection and that maybe it only happened after a heavy rain. I don't remember the previous conditions but Thursday we had heavy rains and the GFCI tripped and wouldn't reset, but Friday afternoon, after things had dried out, it reset fine. Now I have to find where the ground connection is.
nr wrote:

The GFI is probably protecting some other outlets down stream, very common. The rain problem makes me suspect that is protecting an outdoor receptacle. Check your outdoor outlets, if you find one with no power make it rain proof. Dave

between the current flowing to the appliance on say the live wire and returning from the appliance through the neutral wire. This condition could include a leakage to ground from something live, such as a damp/faulty outlet or something switched off but faulty, plugged into the GFCI outlet itself or to another 'downstream outlet protected by the GFCI. For example we have a GFCI inside the garage but it also protects one other 'outside' outlet on an outer wall. The snap cover of the outside outlet failed to close, snow got into the outlet and melted. GFCI operated as it should probably due to leakage through dampness to the grounded metal wall box.