GFCI not made in China

I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were Coopers made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 12, 8:53 pm, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr." <spam-o...@anti- grunge.org> wrote:

Try Madeinusa.org or google GFCI made in usa, there is one and maybe only one.
Add pictures here
✖
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:

Just cause they are made in China does not mean they are no good. Leviton has to protect itself against lawsuits too.
Lou
Add pictures here
✖
LouB wrote:

It's all supposed to meet the specs no mater where it's made. I work in the service industry and all of my fellow service people are having a heck of a time replacing Chinese made capacitors in refrigeration and HVAC equipment. American made capacitors are superior but cost twice as much and none of the local supply houses stock them. They can't compete if the only caps they stocked were of American manufacture.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:16:49 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I'm not sure I like American politics any better than Chinese, but their products (what remain) are "generally" worth the difference in price.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:12:14 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Well you are in luck. We are making Democratic products now so they are politically safe to buy. If you bought a few thousand capacitors it might help our economy recover from the $40,000, Canadian made Lincoln my wife just bought. That's a lot of loonies eh? ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

How about a Mexican made Dodge Pickup?
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
This joke is best told orally:
Q: Do you know the difference between a teacup and a peecup?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Seems as good a place as any to throw in a random groaner, from my late dad:
Eat every bean and pea on your plate.

✖
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Confusion say: Man who cook beans and peas in same pot, very unsanitary.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 02:23:01 -0500, The Daring Dufas

unsanitary.
Sounds the same.
Add pictures here
✖

Which is not the same as saying Levitrons are good, because they suck, IMNSHO.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:53:42 -0400, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr."

Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 12, 6:53 pm, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr." <spam-o...@anti- grunge.org> wrote:

I understand your frustration. I got a Leviton from HD, went to the trouble of installing it in a tough location, only to have it malfunction although it was installed correctly. It would trip the instant any plug started to push in. At least Leviton customer service verified that it was their problem and that it likely affected multiple devices (so I knew not to "try again" at the Home Depot).
I had to go to an out-of-the-way, smaller hardware store to find a more expensive brand that worked properly, but it may be made in China, too.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 12, 6:53 pm, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr." <spam-o...@anti- grunge.org> wrote:

Made Where
First three numbers in bar code tells where it is made
00-09 USA/Canada
30-37 France
40-44 Germany
47 Taiwan
49 Japan
50 UK
690-692 China
Add pictures here
✖
I don't believe this to be true. The beginning digits of a bar code do pertain to the manufacturer, but I'm sure all Leviton UPC's start with the same digits, regardless of the country of origin. Oddly enough, some of the ordinary receptacles are still made in USA, but all of the GFCI's are Chinese, which I find rather puzzling. I'm sure if I went back to the store and looked at the UPC's, they would all start with the same digits.
grunge.org> wrote:

Made Where
First three numbers in bar code tells where it is made
00-09 USA/Canada
30-37 France
40-44 Germany
47 Taiwan
49 Japan
50 UK
690-692 China
Add pictures here
✖

for whatever it's worth:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/barcodes.asp
Add pictures here
✖
I should have known I could count on Snopes to debunk that one.

Add pictures here
✖