Getting A Good Toilet

I need to replace a 35 year old toilet. Am thinking of buying a Kohler Highline from Home Depot. Toilet would need to be elongated, gravity type and ADA compliant. Toilet would have to deal with bulky stool which floats. Old toilet can deal with urine but not with floating solid waste. Is the Highline a good choice? If not can anyone recommend a good choice? THanks! Gene
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Take a look at the American Standard Cadet line. They work well and are priced well.
Note: If you want one that works well you need to make sure it has two things.
1. 2" or larger trap 2. Fully glazed trap (If it does not say the part of the trap you can't see is like very rough sandpaper.)
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

http://www.cwwa.ca/pdf_files/MaP%204th%20Edition%20May%202005.pdf
These folks have done some very through testing..
Toto is expensive but the best. One flush and everything is gone. Anything american made is crap.
-- Troweller^nospam^@canada.com
Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

7/8" wide? 4" long? Six sheets per ball of toilet paper?
These folks have never met my roommate.

We installed 3 of those in our last (1998) house. Now we have 3 more in our new place. They've always worked well for us and were highly rated.
I'm replacing toilets now and after all the research, I decided on the Toto. Use the link Doug provided above and I think you'll find the Toto line is pretty much tops. I got my Drake versions from www.homeclick.com (free shipping and they have 8-10% off on a pretty regular basis although be prepared to wait about 3-4 weeks to recieve them).
I've gotten one Toto installed and already I know I can move the plunger from beside the toilet out to the shed. Another resource you might try is www.terrylove.com as he has a fair number of customer comments on the site. Hope this helped. Cheers, cc

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I can't speak to the toilet's function but one serious problem I see from the pictures I found on the web is that you can see the trap. I replaced a toilet that had a smooth base with one that shows the trap and it's a PAIN to clean all the ins and outs around the trap and such. Why can't the base be a nice smooth pedistal?

I installed a Kohler in 2002 and a Am Standard in 2005. Both work well, but I'd give the AS a slight edge. It seems to have more "oomph" on the flush.
But you won't go wrong on either. The Kohler uses a tripod configuration to mount the tank on the bowl, and that makes it much easier to level it up.
Need more fiber in your diet? Quit eating styrofoam peanuts that arrive with ebay purchases.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus