Genie garage door opener light wont go out

All,
I have the Genie Garage door opener Pro 88 (1/3 hP) that probably was installed with the house... ca 1992.
The thing works perfectly but the light timer doesn't seem to work. The light is staying lit indefinitely.
Nothing obvious to me but I don't know anything about the operations.
Anyone have access to a Manual or know why the countdown timer isn't working?
There must be a place to adjust the timer?
Thanks in advance,
Djay

Is the lite switched on from the wall switch, my wall opener can lock on the light. if garage is dark without it wire up a seperate motion sensor on a wall or ceiling box, i put in several and get more light

    I have found a manual for them on line. Try a search.
    Mine, there are different versions, has an option for a manual switch on the light. My guess you will find the answer there.