Generac Oil Pressure Switch

Who cares if it's an "exact" match? All you really need is thread to match that on block, size suitable to clear, and switching point same as or orig., or higher. For one, try Faria instruments, Uncasville, CT. DAGS.

barry

I've had a Genrac 4000XL for about 15 years which has performed infrequently, but well. Now the oil pressure switch has failed and I'm having difficulty getting a replacement. I've had two on order from Generac through a dealer for over two weeks without success.

My local NAPA store and I have poured over their catalogs and we can't find an exact replacement for this 8 psi NC pressure switch. Any suggestions for a source?

After Googling on this component I find that it is a frequent failure item so I'm puzzled as to why it is so difficult to get.

Boden

Reply to
boden

Have you tried contacting them directly rather than through the dealer? Maybe the problem is local, not at the manufacturer (btdt on other stuff).

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I'll call Faria. Thanks.

The only reason for wanting the same switch is to be able to use the same wire terminations. I thought I could just replace the failed part, not get into a "project." If the termination is different I have to remove the muffler to get enough room to crimp new lugs, etc.

Boden

snipped-for-privacy@sme-> Who cares if it's an "exact" match? All you really need is thread to

Reply to
boden

Thanks for the answers. You must hold an elective position. When I write to my Senator or Representative I get answers back to questions that I didn't ask. I didn't expect the same here. ;-)

Boden

Storm> I knew some folks who had a generator failure. I added four ounces of oil,

Reply to
boden

No, I haven't.

Boden

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Reply to
boden

Got a part number? I can order it for you from Generac if you have the number. For what it is worth, Generac sold their portable generator business to Briggs & Stratton. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I knew some folks who had a generator failure. I added four ounces of oil, and it ran fine after that..... oil showing on the dipstick isn't really full.

If you want to spray ether for starting your generator, spray it on the air filter, not into the spark plug hole. Friend of my Dad's did the ether in the spark plug hole trick, and siezed up the piston. Killed the generator.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

boden posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

You have met Stormy and he is the village idiot.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Thanks. I called the dealer late this afternoon in preparation for calling Generac. I was told: "They just came in." I wonder how many days it was going to take for them to call to let me know that they had the part.

I suspect that this dealer may not make it.

Now I can get the generator running again and install my propane conversion kit. Getting ready for the ice and snow.

Boden

Greg O wrote:

Reply to
boden