GE Washing Machine -- Water Outside of the Tub

Hi,
I have a GE washing machine. I've recently noticed that when the waching machine has completed it's job and all the water has drained from the tub that there still seems to be some water somwhere else in the machine. For example, when I shake the agitator/tub, I hear a sloshing water sound. I don't remember hearing that before. Is this normal? If not, what is the problem and how do I fix it?
Thanks, Mike
All top load washers leave some water in the outer tub, but you can't see it below the basket. Same for front load washers. The pumps just aren't efficient enough to remove every last drop. And some washers use balance rings that contain water, so you hear sloshing if moving the basket while empty. If your washer is performing correctly, then I wouldn't worry about the sound.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

also the pump is low in the washer and pumps the water up and out into the drain hose...
when the pump shuts off, whatever water is left in the drain hose will flow back down into the washer into the outer tub...
this is normal..
Mark