GE stops making its iconic bulb in the U.S.

Page 3 of 3
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 07:41:09 -0700, Jon Danniken wrote:

They would do quite well in an attic. I can't see them taking up much space at all if stacked. I'm pretty sure you can stack those things has high as you like. But I think you will pay more than a hundred bucks.
On 10/2/2010 9:41 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:

I figger about 2020, they'll be worth about $5 a piece or more on ebay.
--
Steve Barker

It will work, but makes no sense at all. I'd have agreed with you some years ago, but I've been changing to CFL and like the light output now. Not the sickly green of the past. And they save energy. If you get rid of your old notions and try new bulbs, you may be surprised.
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 09:10:01 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:

I'll build a pole building with 20 foot tall electric fences covered with razor wire.

Yeah, but you're still using DC. Being 1/2 mile from the power plant is expensive.
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 10:29:05 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:

There is a company in Japan that builds atomic powered AC generators down to about one megawatt. I'll sell the bulbs and buy one. Wait,, if I sell the bulbs I won't need AC.

Nah. Go with a diesel generator, if you're sticking to 19th century technology.
A. Baum wrote the following:

Just like in the liquor prohibition age, organized crime will take over the trafficking of illegal incands. The gubmint will have to create a new anti-crime force, the Bulb Enforcement Agency, or BEA.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 13:49:17 -0400, willshak wrote:

LMAO! Sadly though there is validity to your sarcasm.