Ge microwave dead

Hello guys, I bought a GE microwave a year ago in Feb, for a friend. The unit worked perfectly up until this March. I haven't looked at it in person, but the problem is the display is off, and pressing buttons on the keypad has no effect. I was wondering if the unit might have blown a fuse. If so, how difficult is it to get to the fuse? Thanks, Marty
Unplug the machine. Remove screws holding cover. Remove cover. Look where the cord enters the case. You should see a fuse. Replace and test.

050429 0927 - DanG posted:

And don't touch the large capacitor within. You could get zapped...
indago wrote:

And if the fuse is not bad, buy a new one, you just ruled out the only logical repair.
Oh Yes, check the warranty before you begin some have more than a year warrantee.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Martin wrote:

Hi,
No mention of model#....counter top style, over the range style?
-Usually- there is a reason the fuse blows!
http://www.applianceaid.com/micro.html http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&PH
Some helps and tips.