Ge microwave dead

Hello guys, I bought a GE microwave a year ago in Feb, for a friend. The unit worked perfectly up until this March. I haven't looked at it in person, but the problem is the display is off, and pressing buttons on the keypad has no effect. I was wondering if the unit might have blown a fuse. If so, how difficult is it to get to the fuse? Thanks, Marty

Reply to
Martin

Unplug the machine. Remove screws holding cover. Remove cover. Look where the cord enters the case. You should see a fuse. Replace and test.

DanG
050429 0927 - DanG posted:

And don't touch the large capacitor within. You could get zapped...

Reply to
indago

Hi,

No mention of model#....counter top style, over the range style?

-Usually- there is a reason the fuse blows!

Some helps and tips.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

And if the fuse is not bad, buy a new one, you just ruled out the only logical repair.

Oh Yes, check the warranty before you begin some have more than a year warrantee.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan