GE microwave buzzes when door is open

I have a GE microwave. When I open the door slightly (I think I may have just disengaged the top interlocking switch, the bottom part of the door is still closed), the microwave starts making a buzzing noise like it's turning on. The microwave was OFF when I did this.

Does opening the door slightly cause the microwave to turn on and microwaves to leak from it?

Reply to
charleymi