GE dishwasher GSD4030Z02WW drain valve leaking

Leaks around shaft when solenoid is activated. I'm not sure how to remove the plastic piece (that the solenoid pulls down) from the end of the shaft to get at the seal. It appears the end of the shaft is larger than the hole in the plastic. Afraid to pull it very hard - if I pull the shaft out of the valve then I have more problems, right? Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, David
David Linscott wrote:

Hi,
Normally the best repair is too replace the motor and pump assy. Have tried a few drain post seals and all came back to haunt us :(
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promote-detail.cgi?affiliate_id=AppAid&item=WD26X10013&brand=GEH

Won't come out.
OK...well, I'm a cheapskate. I found it does pull off with a little more force. I'm going to try replacing it, then I'll keep an eye on it. I think I'm going to put some kind of a pan under there and build or buy a little alarm to check for water. They ought to offer such a thing for all clothes/dishwashers. This one is on a kitchen floor that is hardwood - that's another thing that should be outlawed! :>)
Thanks for your response...
David

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promote-detail.cgi?affiliate_id=AppAid&item=WD26X10013&brand=GEH