Gate stopper suggestions

I have a situation with a chain link fence gate and I need suggestions.
The gate has to be set so that it swings only one way. I want to add some kind of stop to the gate so that it can't swing past the latching post... a tab that sticks out would be ideal.
An ideas on how I can mount a 4" tab or something similar on the 2" fence frame near the flip down fork latch? It has to be a mechanical mount, no welding or brazing.
Thanks.
--
David
dja--dot--mail--at--comcast--dot--net

drill 2 holes and bolt the tab to the post. the direction of bolts should be tangential to the circle of trhe gate movement. The tab would be, obviously, perhendicular to that.
DJA wrote:

Couple suggestions -- one, it would be better to put the tab on the gate door rather than the post. If you have a tab sticking out from the latchpost, you will tend to run into it, catch your clothes on it, trip over it, etc. Two, on the door, consider having two tabs, near the top and bottom. If it only catches at the top (say), over time the torque of banging into the catch will cause the door to become bent or misaligned. -- H