Gas stove no longer ignites

My Whirlpool gas range has small igniters in every burner (like pretty much every gas stove does these days).
When I take the iron cover off the burner, I can see the ignition spark happening---it just doesn't ignite anything (of course I mean with the cover back on). It used to work a little if I blew air under the pot, but now it doesn't work at all.
Where's the body buried here? Are the igniters not firing off enough current, or is the gas venturing through the chisel marks in the burner properly?
The one that has failed is the one that I almost always use....so usage is playing a part here. But a spark *is* happening. Perhaps not enough of one? I tried cleaning the ignition point itself with no luck.
Thanks!!
--
Onedoctortoanother:"Ifthisismyrectalthermometer,wherethehell\'smypen???"

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

Hi,
Something that might help...
http://www.applianceaid.com/help_spark_moduals.html
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

I would say the "gas venturing through chisel marks" is your problem. Clean them well and clear them using piece of wire if necessary.

Get one of these..... http://www.riteshopper.com/product140.html
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 01:05:25 GMT, "Thomas G. Marshall"