Gas Range Installation - No Gas from Burners

I bought a used range and after finally getting the right adapters for the gas connector flex hose, the range is hooked up to the gas valve. Gas is coming through but no gas heard through burners. Is there something else I have to do? I have electric pilots.
Now that I think of it, perhaps i didn't leave the gas burners open long enough for the gas to be coming through but I'm paranoid of doing such things.
Thanks.
GasGuzzler wrote:

NG or Propane? No smell? If you are paranoid, try it with window open. Maybe there is air in the line which is to be purged.
NG. No Smell.
That's what I was thinking. Do I just need to open the line (leave burner on) awhile to purge the air out?
GasGuzzler wrote:

Yes. Definitely there should be smell. Air in the line is common.
Great.
I will give it a shot in the morning and allow for the that. Windows fully open and drafted.
Thank you. Will give update in the AM.
Check your line from the valve to the stove. Some of the new lines have the gas auto shut-off valve in-line for safety. I think they're supposed to "shut-off" if there is a leak.
You can check it by loosening up the connection to your stove, turn on the valve at the wall, put soap water around the joint and it should bubble. If it doesn't, you're not getting gas to your stove. good luck, Tim1198
Thanks for the help. It was that I wasn't waiting long enough for the gas to pass through the pipes. Got it up and running.