Gas generator will run smooth only with 3/4 choke??

It ran fine last year with the choke open all the way.
Now, it will buck and shut down with the choke completely open.
Obviously it is running too lean this way.
Any problem running it in the partial choke position?
What is the real fix and is it worth it?

Wow, it used to run with 1/2 choke. Sounds like it is going fast.
As for your last question, no, it is not worth fixing, just buy a new generator.
BoyntonStu wrote:

Reduced power.

Adjust high speed mixture screw.
Rob

Sounds like a dirty carb (partially gummed up jet). The proper fix is to rebuild or replace the carb. If you're lucky then perhaps some in- tank fuel system cleaner will help.
Compensating the lean condition with partial choke could work for the short term but it will limit power output and, since it's impossible to get it set just right, it will eventually foul a plug or overheat something.
Could also be a vacuum leak, but if you say it worked a year ago and doesn't now, it's probably jelled fuel. Always use fuel stabilizer when storing an engine.

I would think its not getting enough gas, the carb is dirty , It shouldnt hurt it. Leaving gas in it for a few months or dirt could cause it, Does the carb even have a fuel filter to keep out dirt. It may not produce full power but you probably dont need full power.
I had this problem with a lawnmower which did NOT come with a fuel filter!
I took apart the carburetor and cleaned everything, then added a small engine fuel filter. Works fine now.
"BoyntonStu" wrote in message

It's a problem. The fix is to find and replace the bad gasket. Most likely betwen the carb and the engine.
--

Christopher A. Young
.