gas fireplace PROBLEM...PLEASE help

I have a gas fireplace. FOr a few weeks, it was taking a long time for the gas to kick on when I flipped the switch to turn it on. Now, the pilot light is blowing out everytime I switch the fireplace on. Any ideas? Obviously I am not anywhere near being an expert on this and could use any suggestions, as there is a winter storm right now and I wanted to turn the fire on.
Thanks!

Make a call to a service company.
That's the best idea.
~kjpro~
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It could be several things. Some could be dangerous, but I am guessing they are unlikely. However someone is going to have to find out WHY you are having the problem, before anyone can tell you how to fix it.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math