Garden Shed

Page 2 of 2

Maybe you live in a Disney movie but out here in the REAL world pets disappear all the time...It is in the local papers ALL the time..Especially in early spring , late winter when food is really scarce.....Be it by coyotes , bobcats , fishers or eagles and hawks...Coyotes are the most common cause...Up here in Maine there is no closed season on the vermin and even contests to see who can get the most , biggest , ect...They are also taking a BIG toll on the Whitetails..They weren't ALWAYS here either...They are a recent immigrant...

Forget the skunk! Watch out for Eagles, large - really huge owls.
Skunks don't "drag" dogs off.
I have seen a skunk in Pennsylvania, est. 16 lbs. He could stand flat footed an kiss a turkey in the last part over the fence.

Any evidence of skunks?!
- eating grubs or worms in the lawn
- disappearing pet food
- both grubs and food disappearing, so the skunk takes a nap under the shade
Concern yourself when you see a skunk.
Art gave you good advice for when the time comes...

I'd remove the wood, it rots. Use galvanized hardware cloth to keep out varments but allow plenty of airflow.