garden hose leakage

i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ the hose into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. anything else I can do?

Try a better washer.

That and if/when that doesn't work, use a big pair of water pump pliers to tighten it, but don't squeeze so hard it's not a circle when you're done.
Make sure there is no dirt in the threads.

Try putting in a second washer if there is room. It's likely bottoming out before the washer is compressed. Larry
SeaKan wrote: : i put my new garden hose in the spigot. put a washer that came w/ : the hose into the hose. tightened it all the way up. still leaks. : anything else I can do?
SeaKan wrote:

Try a new washer, take the hose back.
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:22:54 -0400, "SeaKan"

Yes, you missed the obvious..... Call a plumber !!!!
This is a job best left for the professionals. You are endangering your life and that of your family by attempting to do this by yourself. You are also risking severe flooding and damage to your home. You are most likely invalidating any homeowners insurance that you may have too. This is a job for a licensed plumber. Please call one before you do any more damage.

what is a plumber going to do? this is on the OUTside of my house.

But you don't know what to do. He will.
SeaKan wrote:

It should be obvious that you are replying to a troll idiot. No reasonable person would give you such advice. As said before, replace the washer and if that doesn't work, the connector is probably bad and you should ask for a replacement hose.
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 18:32:56 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

Ahh. you went & spoiled it.