Garberator install

When installing a gubernator is it ok to use a straight drain pipe to line up with the drain, or must the elbow supplied be used? Thanks
On 9/7/2005 8:39 PM or thereabouts, Rick appears, somewhat unbelievably, to have opined:

I think the proper term for "gubernator" is governor. The gubernatorial election results in the selection of a governor rather than a gubernator (a bit strange, that). The best way to install one is straight down the drain as they are pretty much all corrupt idiots.
--
As a child, my parents thought I was an idiot-savant.
Now, however, it is rather clear that I\'m simply an idiot.

Wasn't "The Gubernator" elected in California ? <g>
AMUN

Short run would be OK, but too long of a run and it may not drain and wash away the solids very well.

Rick, If you call it a "disposal" the Americans will know what you are talking about. Sue