Garage sink distance to vertical drain connection and venting

I would like to install a sink in our garage. Running the hot / cold won't be a problem other than precautions I might need to take to prevent freezing lines in the winter months. As we keep our rabbit in the garage during the winter, I assume it doesn't get cold enough to freeze the lines. Anything I should be concerned about?
Based on where I can gain access, the drain line will be approximately 12-15' before it taps into a vertical drain connection. I would plan enought slope to ensure proper drainage. Seems to me that whether it be 1' or 20', it should be fine as long as the slope ensures proper drainage. Is this too far?
My biggest concern is the venting for the sink. Will a sink drain properly if the venting is run from the where the garage sink drain line connects to the vertical drain line. My assumption is that it will and should be that way. I have to confirm it the vertical line is or isn't a vent line as well. If the vertical line doesn't have a vent connected to it, I would tap a connection to another vent line just above / before where the garage sink drain connects to the vertical drain line. Concerns / recommendations?
My other option (not really preferred) is to run a vent from just after the trap before the drain line goes through the wall into the basement area to be surface mounted do that it exits the garage and then goes above the roof line somehow. I am not sure this will work effectively if the vertical connection is 15' away, plus it will be a hassle getting the line to exit above the roof line.
Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
David
never assume anything a drop rate of 1/4" per foot so 20' 5" drop As for the vent use a Air Admittance Valve http://www.studor.com/index.htm
DL wrote:

Spud wrote:

I agree. For 1 1/2" drain/trap size, typical max dist allowed is 4 1/2 Ft. Beyond that, the trap may self-siphon.
Get the Studor valve Spud suggested or re-vent. Jim

Good point on the assumption, but given that it is coming from a floor above to connect to the vertical, I should have plenty of slope range.
Great idea on the Studor vent. I will have to see if my county will allow this.
David