garage service door

I have side driveway with the garage behind the house,I need to replace the 32" service door,the problem is that it has a floating slab with 4" concrete curb,3 2x10 headers above door(service door is next to overhead door),I can fit a standard size door (32" width)but the height is not standard,can I get a prehung wood door and saw to fit,without weakening the door.
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:24:41 -0500, pacca wrote:

What kind of door are you going to use? Solid? Hollow? Steel?
Ask about how door is made and see if you can cut off 4" without doing harm. The other choice would be to special order a door to fit.

Franz Fripplfrappl
solid wood 6 panel door,about $250.00 ,special order about $750.00,which way too much.

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:24:22 -0500, pacca wrote:

If it is indeed solid wood, I would trim off the bottom I might even be tempted to take apart the jam and take off equal amounts top/bottom.

Franz Fripplfrappl

i would special order a steel door.......
very stable forever life, excellent weatherstripping......