Garage floor refinishing?

Looking for comments from anyone that has had their concrete garage floor cleaned and/or refinished; either DIY or by a commercial outfit.

What was the coating used? Preparation? How long did it take? How is it wearing? How big was the area ? Cost? Comments on things like that would be helpful.

Thanks..

Reply to
Martin

I did mine. Clean up must be carefully done. You must follow the directions that come with the correct product exactly. No cheating you it will not work.

I used a two part epoxy paint made for garage floors. I don't know if the same brand is still available. Don't use any product not designed for garage floors as the warm tyres will take the paint right off the floor. I strongly suggest two part epoxy, not one of the one part products. Mine has been down several years and looks great, very easy to clean.

I did it myself, but it does require working with acid and some products many people would rather not handle. If you are careful, most anyone can do the job however. It does not take any super skills or abilities.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Used it in my shop/garage since 1974. Resists tire heat just fine, even smoky burn outs. YMMV

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

I think that sand and salt would do it in,seems to me its another high maintance chore when applied in a winter climate.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Does it also resist damage from sand, salt and ice? When applied does the old paint need to be removed where it is not peeling?

Reply to
Alan