Garage door weather strip ideas

Hi All,
Replaced my single garage door(insulated) this summer. The garage is also heated.
My father has has weather strips on his garage door. The strips are small ( 1") aluminum with a rubber seals attached that touch the door. The strips are nailed to the outside framing of the door.
Went to the big box stores last night looking for something similar. All I could find were large(3-4") vinyl siding trim strips with the rubber attached on the edges.
Or should I do some kind of stripping from the inside of the jams where the garage door makes contact when the door is closed?
Any ideas?

Forget the big box stores and visit a family-owned garage door installation/repair shop. They will have access to just about any type of weather stripping and be more than willing to share their expertise with you.

Go to a regular lumberyard to get them. The ones I have are vinyl. They are about 1 1/2" wide, have the weatherstrip 'flap' already attached, and have a divot every so often for where you're supposed to nail it. I attached mine with painted trim nails.