Garage door torsion springs.

Page 2 of 2

Thank god, no more babble....

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:15:31 -0500, Richard J Kinch

Winter is just around the corner and there will be HVAC discussions. Everyone should read this "Garage Door" take on restrictive trade practices.

interests as consumers, then we shouldn't be allowed near ladders, lawn mowers, or power tools. Those products are just as hazardous and prone to misuse as torsion springs, yet no one thinks of them as forbidden. The only genuine difference is that torsion springs are a hazardous thing you need only rarely, while a lawn mower is a hazardous thing you need all the time.

Because we will be hearing a lot of similar BS how even looking at a furnace will cause your house to blow up.