garage door tension rod is shifting

My garage door tension rod is shifting on the way up, causing the cable drum to ride against the carriage bolt head when the door gets about 3/4 of the way open.
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:46:00 -0700, Oren wrote:

Hi Oren, I was going to skip this because I don't see any photos, nor a good description with measurements, so, as you surmised, there's just not enough information to go on.
To the OP: Look at this thread, and snap similar photos so we can "see" what you're talking about. I can "guess" what the problem is (as I had a problem with my anchor plates moving that I resolved) but a lot depends on your setup. ( http://tinyurl.com/k7z6b64 ) https://groups.google.com/forum /#!searchin/alt.home.repair/torsion$20spring$20anchor$20flag/alt.home.repair/ifuMBLOoGXY/nEToNmQtn_0J
Here are some BEFORE pictures from that thread:

Here are some AFTER pictures from that thread: 1. Final view (ugly, Rube Goldberged, but relatively functional):
2. Closeup of the right bearing end plate support:
3. Closeup of the spring anchor plate new bearing from Dan:
4. Closeup of the spring anchor plate from below:
5. Closeup of the left bearing end plate support (for two doors):
6. A view of the newly relocated and reinstalled spring:
7. Looking up at the right bearing end plate new support:
8. Then spring anchor plate still bends - not much can be done:

Trav wrote:

shifting-760784-.htm

Hi Oren, I've seen our NNTP posts get placed on forums (i.e., nntp-to-forum); but not the other way around (which this one seems to be).
Do *any* of these forum-to-nntp posters ever respond back?
Oren wrote:

I figured as much.
The guy just died, despite your attempts to help him.
I'm just going to ignore all of those posts, until/unless someone proves themselves.
Thanks for caring!
I've made a filter for the Moaners Hub posts. Just see the replies.
"surge suppressor" and "surge protector"
. Christopher A. Young "surge suppressor" and "surge protector" Learn about Jesus www.lds.org .