Garage Door Springs

I've got a Gadco Therm-o-Air garage door in need of a new set of springs. It's a single car 8x7 door. Does anyone know the weight of the door and what capacity springs should be used?
TIA
You can order custom made springs based on it's dimensional specifications at: http://www.garagedoorsupply.com/springs.html
--
====================================
Garage Door Parts, LLC

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:58:14 -0500, Daryl

They can't be adjusted?
Did the person who said thyey can't be adjusted know what set of springs would replace them?

How do you adjust a coil spring that is stretched or broken?

need to REPLACE.
I need to know what capacity spring to purchase.
I weighed the door. Removed the springs and lowered onto a scale. It registered 80 pounds and I'm skeptical. Could a door be that light?

It might be hard or impossible to do, but he didn't say they were stretched or broken.

That is pretty much all that goes wrong with a coil spring.
Daryl writes:

http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm
8x7 GADCO Thermal door's springs are 25 x 42 x 80# you can get them at: http://www.garagedoorsupply.com/extension-springs.html
===================================Garage Door Parts, LLC 973-472-4818 http://www.garagedoorsupply.com ===================================

Home Depot has generic garage door springs. I have a Holmes one piece 16 X 8 and had no problem finding springs there.
Al
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:58:14 -0500, Daryl

If you plan on doing this job yourself... I have a friend who lost his thumb fussing with a garage spring. Personally, I hire a garage door mechanic. A good mechanic will use the proper spring and tension. Expect a garage spring to break after 8,000 uses.
Phisherman writes:

Standard (that is, cheap) springs are expected to yield 10,000 cycles.
Installing heavier springs gets you 50,000 or 100,000 for a little more money.
Daryl wrote:

Assuming your door uses extension springs and not torsion springs.....
When I needed to buy a new pair of springs for one of our single width hollow core wood doors I let down the remaining unbroken spring and measured the weight of the door by lowering it onto a bathroom scale.
Then I went to Sears and bought a pair of springs rated closest to the weight I'd measured.
Worked just fine, but I did need a bit of assistance from another guy to be able to handle moving the door up and down when the springs were disconnected.
Oh, and if you don't already have safety cables running through the springs to keep them from flailing around if they break, do so PLEASE. You can buy them at Sears and their paltry price is well worth their safety value.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia