Garage door advice....

I'm going to be calling around next week to get estimates for 2 10X7 steele garage doors installed in my new garage and was wondering what others have for doors ,how much it cost you , things you wished you knew beforehand , things to look out for or any other tips. I was thinking of getting insulated doors if they aren't too much more even though the garage isn't finished but someday might be. I am in Maine....Thanks for any advice.....

Reply to
benick

I got the insulated. It was a few years later, but I did add insulation to the rest of the garage and use it in winter with a propane heater. Worth the extra cost. Mine is Overhead Door. Very nice but I'm sure a few other brands would be as good.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

buy a cloplay, its what i bought and i bought the one that was insulated. good luck

Reply to
henrypenta

I second the nomination for insulated steel doors. Buy the thickest you can get as it will pay off in keeping the cold and the heat out. Overhead door is a great brand but there are others.

Reply to
Bob M