Furnance Question - Cycling

No she didnt. Flame sensors are cheap. A lot of them are made cheap too. Pull em out and they arent dirty but they dont work. Crappy metal. Replace it and all is well. Just like the old thermocouples. I always replaced them on my service agreement customers. Cheap Cheap insurance. Nothing like going out and replacing a thermocouple on a Sat night on overtime and reaming the customer. They tend to not like that. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

George E. Cawthon

Ummm...no. I guess you dont do much work in this end do you?

Carrier, and Rheem in particular you can clean that sensor all you want, make it all nice and shiney, and it STILL wont rectify flame.

She got out real cheap. Id say job well done to the tech that insured that she will not have to pay $200 for an overtime show up fee to clean a rod that isnt dirty.

Reply to
CBHVAC

amy sounds like probably the thermocoupple may just be getting weak. Good Idea to let the pros work on it. Smart move Have a great year!

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

g.a.miller