Furnace Problem

Hi

I have a Lennox Wisper Heat Central Forced air natural gas furnace model # G20RQ3XE-75-1 with a problem

The problem is this

Turn on thermostat igniter clicks after a few seconds small flame appears igniter keeps clicking blower fan turns on blowing cold air

igniter keeps clicking for a few minutes with small flame present , large burners never turn on.

after a few minutes the igniter stops clicking and the small flame goes out.

is there a small primary burner what I am seeing and a larger secondary burner that never turns on? what would cause this.

I have a dvm and am handy, can perform tests and checks.

Thanks James

Reply to
James Murphy

Hi, If flame is on, flame sensor should sense it for next sequence of event. Doesn't controller give trouble code by way of blinking LED light? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Controller doesn't have a LED light.

Also, problem existed for a week then the furnace started to work again, now it doesn't work.

Thanks James

Reply to
James Murphy

Hi, Flame sensor tends to get sluggish when surface rust builds up. Clean it with emery cloth of fine sand paper. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

You getting 24v at the gas valve? Sounds like a bad solenoid on the gas valve. Of course, I'm not there to see.

Please remit $47.50 for advice.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There may be a sensor in the pilot flame. The one I worked on this year had a bad flame sensor in a Bryant. It would flame up, and the main flame would go out after a second or two.

Not enough to heat the house.

Sears gets about $203812093801238.99 for them. I got one wholesale, and charged a good price for it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon