furnace blower motor keeps runing

Where are all these relays and boards I am to tap? I turned off heat/cooling at thermostat and blower kept running. I then turned off furance at main and everything blower stopped. AC was not running while blower on furnace was running. I see reset button inside thermostat, should I press and see what happens if I turn furnace back on?

Reply to
HDA

Friend had the same problem the other day. He called his furnace company. This was 4th of July and while under contract he would have had to pay extra so he waited a day. Service man came out and everything was then working fine. Such is life.

Reply to
Frank

HDA wrote in news:bf237 $53c424f1$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

Check the simplest thing first: make sure that the thermostat hasn't been switched to the "fan only" setting.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Hi, Schematic should be on the inside of the furnace access panel. Start from there.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Or, like mine, fan on - which runs fan at low speed all the time and kicks it up a couple notches for heat, and even more for cooling

Reply to
clare

And next, I'd disconnect the fan wire at the furnace. Fan wire is usually green. If the fan stops, then it's most likely a bad thermostat or a short in the wiring.

Reply to
trader_4

If there's more than one wire to the fan, not counting the ground, maybe you could disocnnect the one that makes the fan run all the time. That is, assuming you want it to stop.

I once had a room AC right next to my bed, and all the connections were clips on tabs. Just by moving three of them around I could make the fan, which was on all the time, only go on when the compressor was on.

I've sort of given up plans to buy** a "portable" AC, but I think their fans are on all the time too, and after thinking about it for a while, I'm sure they don't have clips but I could cut and solder those same three wires. **No buying because a friend has one somewhere that he' s not using. And because the summer is half over and I haven't needed it yet.

Reply to
micky

Well, both of the "portable" ac units I had, the fan could be switched to run constant or only when cooling

Reply to
clare

That's very good to know. Thanks. That would save an hour at least and of course, it's a problem modifying something that's still under warranty. OTOH, my friend's is no longer under warranty.

In a lawsuit, the court might well hold that if I didn't touch whatever broke, I'm still covered, but before it gets to a lawsuit, the company would probably say, Warranty Void. And then they woudl say that the extra load of the fan on the relay that turns on the compressor was indeed the cause of the failure, even if the problem is that it leaks, or that the compressor runs but does not cool.

Reply to
micky