Frigidaire refrigerator is not blowing colder air. Please help.

It has been pretty hot in our house because we have some HVAC issues. Anyway the freezer side seems to be working but there is no air coming from the vent in the refrigerator side. The model number is FRS26ZRGWA. Anybody know how I can troubleshoot this?
Tia
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 4, 7:15 pm, bird snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Let me correct myself. I hear the refrigerator running, but I don't feel any air coming of the freezer side either.
Add pictures here
✖
Sounds like defrost failure.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:15:13 -0700, bird_222 wrote:

Defrost timer or defrost coils. Google it.
Add pictures here
✖
It could also be a thermal switch. This shuts off the power to the hot wire after the ice melts. After many years, they sometimes get stuck open.
You can check the timer if it has a clock motor (vs electronic) because there will be a hole where you can stick a wide screwdriver to advance it manually. You can check the position of the slot and see if it advances 10 minutes later. If it doesn't advance then you can turn it until you hear a thump and the defroster will turn on for a few minutes. When the defroster turns on, it will drain water into a pan underneath the frig.

Add pictures here
✖

Or the evaporator fan is not working causing the coil to freeze
Add pictures here
✖

I took the panel off and the coils were pretty frosted over. Also, the thermostat came apart when I moved it. So there is no thermostat in the fridge, I'll have to get one tomorrow. However, when I turned the power back on I noticed the divider between the freezer section and the fridge has gotten pretty warm (I am referring to the metal part that the door magnets stick too). Is that normal? I just don't recall feeling that before.
Add pictures here
✖

I took the panel off and the coils were pretty frosted over. Also, the thermostat came apart when I moved it. So there is no thermostat in the fridge, I'll have to get one tomorrow. However, when I turned the power back on I noticed the divider between the freezer section and the fridge has gotten pretty warm (I am referring to the metal part that the door magnets stick too). Is that normal? I just don't recall feeling that before
That is normal. There is low wattage heaters in that area. Mostly needed in high humidity areas. WW
Add pictures here
✖
On 8/4/2010 7:15 PM, bird snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

One possibility with your AC issue is that the humidity inside the house went way up and the fridge defrost system was overwhelmed. You may have to do a manual defrost to get it back on track and place your boot firmly in the backside of anyone who stands in front of the fridge with the door open whilst trying to figure out what they want to eat. I get irritated with those who remove items from the refrigerator, make a sandwich prepare a cold drink put the items back in the fridge and only then do they SHUT THE FREAKING DOOR.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
-snip-

I've got one of those in my house. It amazes me how many gyrations she goes through to keep that door open while she does stuff. Like, if it closes, it will never open again & she'll be left with a 1/2 gallon of 1/2 & 1/2 that she'll have to drink on the spot.
There's no changing the old gal, though-- and she's kind of fun to have around, so I just try to leave the room when she heads for the fridge.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖
On 8/5/2010 6:15 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I have a fire horn that's quite loud and I may use it as a door alarm for the fridge. It would be setup to go off after 10-15 seconds if the door is left open. There are some folks who would not be fazed by such an alarm and would leave the darn door open with the thing blasting away.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:15:13 -0700 (PDT), bird snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

I dn't know particular models, but there must be a fan on the other side of the vent or near there. Pushe the fridge away from the wall and see if you can see the fan from the back, if you take off the cardboard or metal panel. If it's not spinning, check if something is stuck in it, insulation or a dead mouse or whatever.

Add pictures here
✖