Frigidaire refrigerator is not blowing colder air. Please help.

It has been pretty hot in our house because we have some HVAC issues. Anyway the freezer side seems to be working but there is no air coming from the vent in the refrigerator side. The model number is FRS26ZRGWA. Anybody know how I can troubleshoot this?

Tia

Reply to
bird_222

Let me correct myself. I hear the refrigerator running, but I don't feel any air coming of the freezer side either.

Reply to
bird_222

Defrost timer or defrost coils. Google it.

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

It could also be a thermal switch. This shuts off the power to the hot wire after the ice melts. After many years, they sometimes get stuck open.

You can check the timer if it has a clock motor (vs electr>

Reply to
news

Sounds like defrost failure.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Jeff The Drunk" wrote

Or the evaporator fan is not working causing the coil to freeze

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I took the panel off and the coils were pretty frosted over. Also, the thermostat came apart when I moved it. So there is no thermostat in the fridge, I'll have to get one tomorrow. However, when I turned the power back on I noticed the divider between the freezer section and the fridge has gotten pretty warm (I am referring to the metal part that the door magnets stick too). Is that normal? I just don't recall feeling that before.

Reply to
bird_222

One possibility with your AC issue is that the humidity inside the house went way up and the fridge defrost system was overwhelmed. You may have to do a manual defrost to get it back on track and place your boot firmly in the backside of anyone who stands in front of the fridge with the door open whilst trying to figure out what they want to eat. I get irritated with those who remove items from the refrigerator, make a sandwich prepare a cold drink put the items back in the fridge and only then do they SHUT THE FREAKING DOOR.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I dn't know particular models, but there must be a fan on the other side of the vent or near there. Pushe the fridge away from the wall and see if you can see the fan from the back, if you take off the cardboard or metal panel. If it's not spinning, check if something is stuck in it, insulation or a dead mouse or whatever.

Reply to
mm

I took the panel off and the coils were pretty frosted over. Also, the thermostat came apart when I moved it. So there is no thermostat in the fridge, I'll have to get one tomorrow. However, when I turned the power back on I noticed the divider between the freezer section and the fridge has gotten pretty warm (I am referring to the metal part that the door magnets stick too). Is that normal? I just don't recall feeling that before

That is normal. There is low wattage heaters in that area. Mostly needed in high humidity areas. WW

Reply to
WW

-snip-

I've got one of those in my house. It amazes me how many gyrations she goes through to keep that door open while she does stuff. Like, if it closes, it will never open again & she'll be left with a 1/2 gallon of 1/2 & 1/2 that she'll have to drink on the spot.

There's no changing the old gal, though-- and she's kind of fun to have around, so I just try to leave the room when she heads for the fridge.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I have a fire horn that's quite loud and I may use it as a door alarm for the fridge. It would be setup to go off after 10-15 seconds if the door is left open. There are some folks who would not be fazed by such an alarm and would leave the darn door open with the thing blasting away.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas