fridge door seal

It's finally subsuming after the renters damage.
The seal around the fridge door looks like it just 'glues in place' with stickyback. Is there any special think I need to know other than no gap allowed? I'm going to try to replace it. Getting the parts tomorrow at our local Maytag appliance repair place (will ask them too).