Fresh air:

Hi group. Does anyone here have an fresh air make up system for their furnace that has an electrically controlled damper ? I know in the past home owners just ran an air duct to the outside, but this caused an cold basement.I would like to install an system if it is cost effective.
Sal
sal wrote:

system. Some of them can be quite expensive. Here's some information on the subject.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_recovery_ventilation
http://www.enthalpypump.com /
http://www.fantech.net/hrv_erv.htm
[8~{} Uncle Monster

An average US house naturally leaks about 200 cfm, so most of them don't need ERVs.
Nick

when you turned on the bathroom vent, it pulled air down the fireplace chimney.
[8~{} Uncle Monster