French Drains and Mold?

People recommend french drains for a wet basement because a wet basement means possible mold. Wouldn't mold also grow in the french drain?
On May 30, 2:21�pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

likely too cold, besides properly done it should be a sealed system.
mold prefers warm and moist
On 30 Mai, 20:21, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hello, I saw the other answers and here are my questions: What does a drainage on the inside or outside help with drying of the walls or humidity level in the air? This will stay most likely the same and condensation on the walls could cause mold, right? There are different approaches to tackle a so called wet basement, but first of all we have to check out what kind of and where the water/humidity is coming from. Some hints and cures are to be found on this website: www.drytronic.com - perhaps some examples look familiar.

if the soil directly under your basement floor is wet the water will wick thru the concrete and add moisture to the entire basement

Well, that's a good point. Then instead of opening the floor for getting mice through the inner drainage and sump pump things, you could also install electrodes into the floor to stop the wicking process. It is actually the same then in the walls. The repelling power is essential. This way you can also eliminate AC systems and save a lot of energy as well.