Foundation repair: Approximate cost?

I have a house in the far north Dallas area that needs the foundation levelled; it's a slab foundation, brick house, approximately 1400 square feet. I have heard HORROR stories from others in the area who had their foundations repaired (yes, by reputable companies!), so I'm hesitant to proceed but need to do it so I can sell the house. Anyway, I'm wondering about ballpark figures for foundation repair in this area. I realize that there are variables, but what's a realistic high-low range?

Your kidding right?
The only way your going to know for sure is to contact the pros locally and get several bids. Then evaluate the situation after you know what your going to need to do.

$500 to $50,000.