foundation repair advice continued

Ok, after posting my problem here and elsewhere, the problem with the foundation seems to be soil erosion from underneath of it. Many have suggested either packing dirt into the void or concrete, but that doesn't address the cause of the gap in the first place.

As those who have been following from my photos, the concrete pad that sits in front of the eroded area is about 4x4 feet and not easily movable. It does slope higher on the side opposite the foundation and the unfortunately needs it would have to be lifted so the slope would be higher on the foundation side. However, after looking more at the area yesterday, I find that a much larger area, say 2-3 feet beyond the concrete pad is also either level or sloping towards the foundation.

Some suggested cleaning the gutter, but there is no gutter as this is the on the side of the angled part of the roof. The gutter you saw at the end of the gap is at the bottom slope of the roof and really doesn't help with drainage for this part of the foundation at all.

I'm looking at a quick and simple solution. A benefit is that the house overhangs the foundation by about 3" or so. I was thinking of a couple of ideas. Since it would be nearly impossible for me to lift the pad in order to elevate the foundation side, what about something placed over it. One person suggested pavers, but I was thinking of a sloping concrete form, placed under the lip/ overhang of the house and draining the water out and away from the area of bad drainage. Is there such a concrete form? I swear I've seen them, they look like a triangle and about 3' across by 3' long and quite heavy. Aren't these also in composite material form? Another idea I've thought about is placing some sort of "gutter" under the house overhang and redirecting the falling rain water toward the downspout you saw in the photos. I don't like this idea as well because it only addresses one small part of the sloping toward the foundation and may not do much good, the concrete/ composite form idea is better to me.

If anyone has any other suggestions, or can suggest where I might find the form I'm speaking of, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again, Bill

Reply to
Bill Skype

and

Don't start a new thread on the same subject. It wastes peoples' time

- they can't easily read what's already been covered.

RicodJour

It's not hard to lift a concrete pad - just time consuming.

Put a layer of pavers in the hole. Put a bottle jack on top of the stack, under the pad. Jack away.

If the pavers move down, remove the jack and add more pavers. Repeat.

Eventually the concrete pad will move up to where you want it. Add more pavers to the stack until the stack is flush with the pad. Remove jack. Cover the whole mess with dirt.

What you're doing is essentially the same thing as a foundation levelling operation, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Reply to
HeyBub